The information on this website is subject to a specific policy:
- on personal data protection,
- to copyright rules and
- to a disclaimer by the Convention of National Associations of Electrical Engineers of Europe AISBL (EUREL).
Consultation or use of this site in whatever language involves the full acceptance of the general conditions set out below.
Protection of personal data
EUREL attaches great importance to respecting the right to privacy.
'Personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her identity. In principle access to the information available on or via the website of EUREL does not require any personal data to be supplied by the user. However, in order to use certain online services, you may be asked to supply some information about yourself, such as contact details (name and first name, profession, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or nationality) when filling in a form.
In this regard:
- EUREL will collect personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose. The information will not be reused for a purpose incompatible with the original purpose.
- EUREL will disclose information to third parties only if that is necessary for the purposes specified and only to the categories of recipients mentioned. EUREL will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes. EUREL furthermore undertakes to take appropriate security measures to safeguard these data from misuse by third parties.
- The data may be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- These data may, however, be kept for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
- Any individual concerned (data subject) has the right to obtain access to and rectification of his or her personal data. Data subjects may also under certain circumstances ask to have these data blocked and for the erasure of data about them which they consider to have been unlawfully processed. Finally, they have the right to object, on compelling grounds, to the processing of their data.
- To exercise your rights or to obtain any further information, you can apply directly to the General Secretariat.
- If you believe your rights have been infringed as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the General Secretariat.
- The website of EUREL sometimes provides links to other internet sites. Since EUREL has no control over such sites, we suggest that you review their privacy policies.
- For further information, please consult our General Secretariat.
The content of this website includes text data and multimedia items such as texts, drawings, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video material, photographs, programmes and the technology described, which are protected by the provisions of national and international law applying to intellectual property.
These textual data and multimedia items are the exclusive property either of EUREL and/or of their authors and beneficiaries. The intellectual property right holders waive their right to have their name or any other indication appear on the items which they supply for this website.
The user undertakes to respect the intellectual property rights held by the EUREL and third parties without prejudice to the rights and exceptions provided for by any binding provisions.
Reproduction of textual data and multimedia items which are the property of EUREL or of third parties and for which EUREL holds the rights of use is authorised only according to prior agreement.
The user undertakes not to delete or change the indications of the author or the source and not to seek to circumvent the technical measures put in place to protect documents and multimedia items, such as print or download restrictions and visible or invisible tagging. Any infringement may lead to civil and criminal proceedings.
In cases of doubt as to the identity of the right holders or as to the conditions of use of a particular item, a request for information may be sent to the General Secretariat.
Despite extensive research, it may be that EUREL has not been able to identify certain authors or right holders of documents appearing on the site. If you are such a right holder, or if you have identified such a right holder, or if there is a mistake on our part, we should be grateful if you would kindly contact the General Secretariat.
EUREL maintains this website to enhance public access to information about the mission and work of the association and its member societies.
Our goal is to keep this information as complete, accurate and up to date as possible. If errors are brought to its attention, EUREL will take all possible steps to make any necessary corrections without delay. It can be held liable only for damage which may arise from its errors, under the conditions provided for in the last paragraph below.
The information published on this site is of a general nature only and has not been designed to meet any individual needs. It therefore does not constitute professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, we suggest you consult a suitably qualified professional).
EUREL cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage which may result from use of this site. We take all possible steps to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. Some data or information on this site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. We cannot in such cases guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. EUREL accepts no responsibility in case of defective transmission of data due to the various networks of the internet or to incompatibilities due to the user's web browser.
EUREL cannot guarantee that information from external sources contained on this site is reliable or up to date. The information on this site may link to external sites over which EUREL has no control and for which it can accept no responsibility.
EUREL Convention of National Associations of Electrical Engineers of Europe
EUREL General Secretariat
Rue d'Arlon 25
Tel.: +32 2 234 61 25