As the first step you need to find a team of two to four fellow engineers. Your team will be the management board of a virtual shareholder company - and you will compete with a set of other national teams on the same market.
Choose a strategy to run your company - every week your team will take decisions on investments in production, on your research and product strategy, your financial management - and even on the dividends you pay your shareholders. You will learn to decide on these aspects in a step-by-step-manner, and you will always be able to ask our hotline for support in case you run into questions.
- Setting the goals: Market share to achieve, profit, product attributes and quality
- Strategy: Conservative, expansive, high risk
- Managing board: How will you organize yourself as a team?
- Product pricing: What prize will you offer your product for in the next period?
- Investments: Research investments, production machines
- Running the company: Employments, financial management, production management
To get familiar with the game and the decision-making, there will be an introductory test round. After the test round, you will send us your decisions at the end of each week.
The market reaction to the decisions will then be computed by the simulation software. Each decision is made for one virtual business year. After that virtual year, which is in fact one week, our coach will send you the results on the performance of your company. Based on your results and on an analysis of the market, you will make your decision for the upcoming week / business year.
The Overall Goal
Your overall goal in the game should be to show the best performance on the stock market your company is listed on. Your share price will depend on your results, and it will be taken as the indicator to select those teams which are invited to the final round of the game in Vienna, Austria.