Field Trip 2022 Vienna
Due to Covid-19 the Field Trip to Vienna, which was originally planned for 2020, will take place in 2022.
- Period of travel: 19 August 2022 to Tuesday 23 August 2022
- Destination: Vienna, Austria
- Participants: Students and young engineers from EUREL member associations
- Participation fee: 230 euros - must be paid in advance to confirm registration.
The Field Trip is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
For Registration, please contact Fabian Zavarsky firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for registration is 28 July 2022.
Details of the programme:
- The Field Trip will start with a Reception on Friday evening for the arrived participants on the roof-top terrace of the OVE-Building.
- On Saturday afternoon we have a guided tour through a in town brewery of the famous brand "Ottakringer" with a subsequent dinner. The event for the morning still has to be fixed, but it will be a visit with engineering background
- Sunday is reserved for a guided city tour of Vienna, starting at about 11am. The afternoon is free - in the evening I'd meet the participants on the Danube-Island for leisure and, if anybody is up to, Wake-Boarding close to a restaurant, where we can have dinner and cocktails.
- Monday we will leave with a bus to Zwentendorf and visit the Nuclear-Power-Plant and a nearby thermal power plant. In the evening we'll visit a wine-tavern in the scenic region of Wachau. Busride back to Vienna afterwards.
- On Tuesday we are looking forward to visit the Main-garage of the Vienna-Metro, where they keep maintenance of the metro-trains and tramways - a very unique occasion.
- The Field-Trip officially ends after Lunchtime on Tuesday.